Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

Visual Studio 2013 - Logging in as different user.

When Visual Studio informs you that someone is already logged in and you are unable to login under a different user, I found this solution solved this problem that I was experiencing.


There is a comment about this under this answer, but I think it's important to list it here. If you want to preserve your settings, export them first because they will be lost.

Preserve Visual Studio 2013 Settings:
  • Tools > Import and Export Settings...
  • Select Export selected environment settings.
  • Check ALL settings check box.
  • Enter backup filename and file's directory.
  • Click Finish
From MSDN forums - since I had to hunt around far too much to find the solution to this:
  1. Close Visual Studio
  2. Start the Developer Command prompt installed with Visual Studio as an administrator.
  3. type 'devenv /resetuserdata' ('wdexpress /resetuserdata' for Express SKUs)
  4. Start Visual Studio Normally.
Do not remember where I found this solution, but I know that I had Googlized for the solution and almost sure that I landed at Stackoverflow.

This post is for the purpose of my notes only and sometimes a rant.

“I invented nothing new. I simply assembled the discoveries of other men behind whom were centuries of work. Had I worked fifty or ten or even five years before, I would have failed. So it is with every new thing. Progress happens when all the factors that make for it are ready and then it is inevitable. To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense.”
Henry Ford

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this way.Maybe you're right. But if suddenly you will have the problem with opening apps, you may collide with this bug... I may recommend the source where you may got the msvcp140.dll missing https://fix4dll.com/msvcp140_dll. I was affraid when I recieved that crash message on my laptop. But later I was google it, and found an article with solution and with uploading files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a hypothesis which proposes that the Vikings' shipbuilding techniques were exchanged to log structures.https://howdoesyourgardenmow.com/chicago-electric-chainsaw/

    ReplyDelete