Pages

Friday, July 14, 2017

The Compatibility Checker Package package did not load correctly

Visual Studio 2013 - Receiving Error: The Compatibility Checker Package package did not load correctly.

Googlizing: found at Stackoverflow a solution solving the problem:

I attempted:
  • Deleted ComponentModelCache folder, which is located at:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ComponentModelCache
  • Deleted Extensions folder, which is located at:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions
  1. Closed Visual Studio 2013
  2. Deleted both folders mentioned above.
  3. Restarted VS
*These attempts did not correct the problem, so I followed another suggestion.
  1. Closed VS
  2. Opened, as Administrator, the Developer Command Prompt for VS2013 located at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\Tools\Shortcuts
  3. At command line typed: devenv /setup.
  4. After typing in devenv /setup and hitting enter, the cursor moved down one line and blinked for about 30-45 seconds before returning back to a command prompt.
  5. Closing out Developer Command Prompt, VS was opened.
Everything is back to normal. No errors.

I remember having a similar issue a while back. At that time all I had to do was delete the ComponentModelCache folder.

This time I had to take an extra step running devenv /setup at the command prompt.

A resourceful link:
/Setup (devenv.exe)

This post is for the purpose of my notes only and sometimes a rant.

“I invented nothing new. I simply assembled the discoveries of other men behind whom were centuries of work. Had I worked fifty or ten or even five years before, I would have failed. So it is with every new thing. Progress happens when all the factors that make for it are ready and then it is inevitable. To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense.”
Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment