Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2017

"StrongTypingException: The value for column IsPrimaryKey in table TableDetails is DBNull" Entity Framework 5 and MySql Server 5.7.9

"StrongTypingException: The value for column IsPrimaryKey in table TableDetails is DBNull"

For future reference on this particular issue with Entity Framework 5 and MySql Server 5.7.9. It has been reported as a Bug. Below is the work around reported at Stackoverflow.

The work around solves the issue.

I have included this fix, so when the bug has been corrected, I can revert back from this work around.

Work Around
**Use MySql Command Line Client. Will not work within Workbench.
use <database>
set @@optimizer_switch='derived_merge=off';
SELECT @@optimizer_switch\G
At MySql website gives explanation.

This post is for the purpose of my notes only and sometimes a rant.

“I invented nothing new. I simply assembled the discoveries of other men behind whom were centuries of work. Had I worked fifty or ten or even five years before, I would have failed. So it is with every new thing. Progress happens when all the factors that make for it are ready and then it is inevitable. To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense.”
Henry Ford


No comments:

Post a Comment