Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Native JavaScript + JQuery vs AngularJS


Both JavaScript and JQuery have been around and are performing better.

Except JQuery, I haven’t accepted any other third party JavaScript frameworks or libraries. However recently, I have been drilling into AngularJS. I’m questioning, is Angular worth adding to projects?

After reading, AngularJS recursive templates, post, it appears Angular is bloated and expensive compared to native JavaScript.

I rewrote the post’s conclusion in Native JavaScript + JQuery. What I wrote isn’t the best and can be improved on, however I believe it to be sleeker and trimmer.

Conclusion, presently I wouldn’t include any Angular into projects. I would continue learning JavaScript and apply all the great JavaScript patterns.

Please compare what I offered and mention why Angular? Please I know about reinventing the wheel, but I’m not convinced.

View what they offered JSFiddle.


Below is what I thought would accomplish similar results.

DOM

<div id="ahhBetter">&nbsp;</div>

JavaScript + JQuery

function doAgain(arry) {
    var s = "<ul>";

    for (var i = 0; i < arry.length; i++) {
        s += "<li>" + arry[i].title + "</li>";
        if (arry[i].categories) {
            s += doAgain(arry[i].categories);
        }
    }
    s += "</ul>"

    return s;
}

$("#ahhBetter").append(doAgain(items));

Data

var items = [{
    title: 'Computers',
    categories: [{
        title: 'Laptops',
        categories: [{
            title: 'Ultrabooks'
        }, {
            title: 'Macbooks'
        }]
    },

      {
          title: 'Desktops'
      },

      {
          title: 'Tablets',
          categories: [{
              title: 'Apple'
          }, {
              title: 'Android'
          }]
      }
    ]
},

    {
        title: 'Printers'
    }

];


This post is for the purpose of my notes only and sometimes a rant.
“I invented nothing new. I simply assembled the discoveries of other men behind whom were centuries of work. Had I worked fifty or ten or even five years before, I would have failed. So it is with every new thing. Progress happens when all the factors that make for it are ready and then it is inevitable. To teach that a comparatively few men are responsible for the greatest forward steps of mankind is the worst sort of nonsense.” 
Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment