Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Apology

Earlier this morning, crisp air broke the first light as we hiked to the base of this mountain.

Reminiscing on our past Alpine climbing years, we had a blissful breakfast. We were each other’s life support when cams and bolts gave way to our dynamic retreat from the mountain. We had seen many Headwalls overlooking steep terrains below, experienced many Moraines, Rimes, saddles, and on occasions been treated for hypothermia. We were the best climbing partners.

Tom…Scrambling over the scree, the mountain’s pitch had become steep…very steep. Leading, I set the cams supporting your ascent. The ascent…when we ascended, I remembered our discussion. Yesterday’s discussion, I had felt we had resolved IT.

But…how could I? I feel betrayed, stabbed, hurt! Rhonda was everything, and Rhonda and I vowed to be together…forever. You said that IT had only recently started, but I think otherwise. I apologize, but I couldn’t give you any more support. Farewell my once closest friend. I hope you a better life in your next life. Farewell…

No comments:

Post a Comment